Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Quality and Productivity (SLAAQP) was founded in 1996. Since then the association has immensely contributed to the Quality and productivity of our nation. SLAAQP is a nonprofit making organization comprised of Professionals who wish to contribute their time and knowledge to uplift the Quality and Productivity of our nation.
Our key events comprise the annual National Convention of Quality and Productivity, the annual 5S convention, Green Productivity Award, and further extends its services to the industry by holding public seminars and tailor-made in-house training programs. Hence productivity promotion in the private sector, public sector, education sector, and community sector is being achieved through establishing a productive work culture within the country, encouraging innovation and creativity, launching an awareness program to the general public, and socializing the program on productivity promotion as a national campaign. By enhancing quality and productivity it is hoped to provide benefits to consumers/workers by improving the standard of living, to businesses by creating more outputs with the same or fewer inputs, and to the Government by generating larger tax payments through higher economic growth.
International Convention on Quality Control Circles (ICQCC) 2024 will be conducted in November 2024 in Sri Lanka & about 3,000 foreign delegates & around 3,000 local participants will be expected for this mega event. We need to establish a well-functioning secretariat.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, committed, and result-oriented individual to bring value and success to SLAAQP to function as Program Manager on Fixed term contract.
- Coordinating and organizing annual events and facilitating training & workshop, and consultancy work as per the annual budget and program calendar to achieve revenue targets.
- Enhance the Image of the Association through the above activities and other means.
- Implement 5S to main the SLAAQP secretariat to be a role model for the Quality Professionals
- Work independently as well as in teams to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of tasks carried out.
- Prepare and maintain a centralized database including details of CEOs, General Managers Quality Managers, and Compliance Managers who are involved to uplift quality and productivity in Sri Lanka.
- Engagement with Professional Organizations to support ICQCC 2024 hosted by SLAAQP.
- Design and Implement Member Engagement Activities
- Be accountable for the principal activities mentioned in the Job Description and relevant KPIs
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or National Level Diploma related to Quality Management.
- Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 Years experience in Quality Management or Operational Management, at the Manager or Executive Level
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices
- Ability to develop and deliver impactful presentations
- Good Professional written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills and leadership skills
- Good ICT skills and ability to have a good rapport with the governing council and closely work with main office bearers
- Age should be above 30 years
- Minimum three years of experience in handling similar job roles, probably in the association or institution.
- Fluency in English Language and other languages
- Build strong relationships with the SLAAQP, members, council, and other similar organizations.
Apply with a detailed CV including a recent photograph with a cover letter, and contact details of two non-related referees should reach the CV at the email firstname.lastname@example.org within seven days.
The remuneration of the above position is negotiable and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Quality & Productivity
Room 02, ACBC Building, 380 Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 00700